A clinical and corporate psychologist with an international reputation as an expert in emotional intelligence (EQ) leadership and mindfulness. Martyn has held senior academic positions at leading universities in Australia and Europe, and has helped thousands of executives improve their leadership effectiveness.
Martyn has worked as an advisor to senior people at many leading companies for over 25 years.
He is the author of the international bestseller, Emotional Capitalists -The Ultimate Guide to Developing Emotional Intelligence for Leaders, The Mindfulness Book – Practical Strategies for Living a More Mindful Life, coauthor of the Emotional Capital Report™ – the global benchmark for measuring EQ and leadership performance, and the Emotional Intelligence Sports Inventory – the world’s first psychological inventory to measure how EQ supports elite sports performance. His research in the area of psychometric assessment has been published by the American Psychological Association.
Martyn chaired a symposium at the British Psychological Society’s Centenary Conference on the application of psychological assessment to business practices; was keynote speaker at the Psychological Society of Ireland’s National Conference, speaking on The Power of Building Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace, and delivered the keynote address on EQ and leadership at the International Conference on Emotional Intelligence in London.
Newman received his PhD from the University of Sydney and holds an MA from GTU at the University of California, Berkeley, a Masters of Psychology from Monash University, Melbourne, and a Doctor of Psychology from La Trobe University, Melbourne.
Leadership in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
• What is the science behind Emotional Intelligence?
• What is the relationship between Emotional Intelligence with successful leadership, culture and communication?
• How do the EQ Competencies translate to cross-functional team cohesion and leadership effectiveness?
• Why EQ is a necessity for be strategic as well as tactical, to go from the transaction to the connection
• How does greater levels of EQ prepare you to face the unknown?